Ribs are a familiar food and an ingredient for many attractive dishes. Therefore, people are often concerned with the problem of how to heat or defrost them.
Suppose you are looking for the best way to reheat ribs but still retain the full flavor and freshness. Or, if you want to learn a restaurant-standard reheating ribs recipe, this article is for you.
Below, Battersby will guide you on how to reheat ribs and keep them moist like a professional chef at home.
Either way, you heat the ribs, you still go through a basic process of steps such as:
- Take the ribs out of the refrigerator.
- Heat the appliance.
- Wrap the ribs in foil and then put them in the heater.
3 Best Methods On How To Reheat Ribs
Do you want to know how to reheat smoked ribs or how to reheat bbq ribs quickly but still retain the softness and delicious flavor of the dish?
Then, let’s discover the Top 3 of the best ways to reheat ribs with Battersby. You can use many different devices such as microwave ovens, ovens, grills.
How to reheat ribs in oven
Reheat ribs in the oven
First, the simplest way is to use an oven. Accordingly, reheating BBQ ribs by the oven can ensure the original flavor and deliciousness.
Reheating ribs in oven is also very simple, so please refer to and follow the following process:
- Step 1: Take the reheating pork ribs out of the refrigerator or freezer and naturally defrost at room internal temperature for about 30 minutes. If your dish is BBQ ribs, brush an extra layer of barbecue sauce on top before reheating.
- Step 2: Start the oven and preheat it to 250 degrees F
- Step 3: Wrap the pork ribs in foil as it will help retain the moisture and delicious flavors.
- Step 4: Put the wrapped ribs in the oven for about 20-30 minutes (Note, the heating time depends on the size of the dish and the capacity of your family’s range).
- Step 5: Check the ribs to make sure they reach 165 degrees F before taking them out of the oven.
- Step 6: Wait for the ribs to rest, then cut the pieces on a plate and enjoy.
How to heat up ribs in microwave
Reheat ribs in the microwave
Alternatively, you can also use the microwave to reheat the cooked ribs. You can do the heating of smoked ribs with the microwave according to the following procedure:
- Step 1: Make sure you defrost the reheating ribs before cooking by taking them out of the refrigerator and leaving them outside (at room temperature) for about 20-30 minutes to soften the cooked ribs.
- Step 2: Prepare a microwave dish that fits the size of your leftover ribs to be heated.
- Step 3: Put the ribs after defrosting on a plate, but make sure all the ribs are covered before putting them in the oven.
In particular, do not forget to prepare the barbecue sauce and spread a thick layer on the surface of the ribs. Thanks to that, your food will retain its moisture and full flavor after reheating in the microwave.
- Step 4: Preheat the microwave to high, then reduce the temperature to medium before putting the ribs in.
- Step 5: Wait for 3-5 minutes, then check if your ribs are evenly heated. If they pass, then take them out of the oven; otherwise, you can turn them over and put them in the oven for another 2-3 minutes.
- Step 6: Take the beef ribs out and wait for them to rest enough, then enjoy.
View more: How to Reheat Steak
How to reheat ribs on the Grill
Reheat ribs on the Grill
If you don’t have an oven or microwave at home, don’t worry, you can reheat the ribs on the grills themselves. This device will help you reheat smoked ribs or baby back ribs.
Your leftover ribs will expose to high heat for the grill, which will heat up faster, but you need to be especially careful when processing. If you’re not careful, the ribs can be too dry or lose their original delicious flavor.
Specifically, the process of heating ribs on the grill includes:
- Step 1: First, take the beef ribs out of the fridge and leave them at room internal temperature for about 15-20 minutes.
- Step 2: Preheat the grill to high heat.
- Step 3: After defrosting the reheating ribs, you should spread a layer of barbecue sauce or fruit juice on the surface
- Step 4: Use aluminum foil to wrap the meat, but note that you can’t cover it tightly because the grill does not heat from all sides. Just wrap the reheated ribs in direct contact with the fire.
- Step 5: Adjust the grill temperature to moderate, then let the ribs heat up. You can leave it for 8-10 minutes and then flip to make the ribs heat more evenly.
- Step 6: Remove the leftover ribs from the grill, wait for about 5-10 minutes, and then place on a plate to enjoy with bbq sauce.
To keep the full flavor and moisture for the foil wrapped ribs when heating on the grill, you can put an ice cube or some juice next to them.
Some Tips To Keep Ribs Moist
Tips To Keep Ribs Moist
If you feel unhappy when your ribs after heating are often dry, and the taste is no longer as delicious as the first time, please refer to the following information immediately. We’ll give you a few tips to help keep your frozen ribs moist when reheating:
- When using an oven or microwave, you need to preheat it first, reduce the temperature and keep it steady.
- If using the range, you need 30-40 minutes to cook to keep the ribs tender and delicious, do not use high heat.
- It would help if you waited patiently, don’t be in a hurry
- Putting an extra pan of water in the oven and placing it next to the ribs you want to reheat will help retain the moisture better
- You can add apple juice, grape juice, or root beer to add a delicious flavor to the ribs after heating.
- Brush more barbecue sauce or apple cider vinegar on the surface of the ribs before heating
- Note, after reheating the ribs, let them rest for a while before slicing to serve on a plate.
What Do You Have To Do To Preserve Ribs?
Where to store ribs?
Besides looking for the best way to reheat bbq ribs, you’ll undoubtedly also be concerned about preserving them. Just like heating, you can maintain ribs in a variety of ways. You can refer to some of the following options:
You can put them in airtight containers with lids to store ribs in the refrigerator, but this method doesn’t work. Ideally, use a vacuum to obliterate the air or wrap the ribs tightly with cling film or aluminum foil.
Alternatively, you can also use a sealed Zip bag, but be sure to remove the air before closing the bag. As a result, your leftover ribs in the oven will stay fresher and not dry out.
However, it would help if you only stored it in the refrigerator when using it during the day. If you don’t use this rib after a few days, choose another option with bbq sauce.
Related: How To Reheat Stuffed Peppers
In addition, you can refer to some other information to prepare super fast ribs with a delicious taste like a restaurant.
Below, Battersby has compiled some of the most common questions you should know to warm up your ribs professionally.
How long does it take to reheat pork ribs in the oven?
First, are you wondering how long it will take to reheat the ribs when using the oven? If you pay close attention to the instructions for heating the ribs in the oven, you probably know that it will take you about 30 minutes to make.
You should also watch the ribs while they are in the oven and make sure they reach 165 degrees F before you decide to take them out.
In addition, for the ribs to have a balanced flavor, evenly cooked and delicious, you need to cover the microwave when heating them.
Can you reheat ribs in a crockpot?
Can you reheat the ribs with a crock pot if you don’t have an oven, grill, or other specialized equipment in your home? The answer is absolutely world.
Using a crockpot to heat the leftover ribs limits the risk of burning ribs and helps the dish keep its softness and delicious taste.
Your task is to add liquid such as water or pot barbecue sauce, then add the ribs and simmer to reheat.
How do you reheat baby back ribs?
Besides, people, especially families with babies, are very interested in how to reheat baby back ribs. Because, for children, you need to cook so that the ribs are soft and must be fresh.
To heat baby ribs, you first need to cover the spare ribs rack with aluminum foil, put it in the oven, and set it to 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
When done, take the spare ribs out and check to see if they reach 167 degrees Fahrenheit. If not, you need to put them in the oven and recheck every 5 minutes.
For details, watch this video below:
In general, you have many ways on how to reheat ribs, and the process is essentially the same. However, when using each type of appliance for heating, you also need to keep in mind some additional information on how to keep the food fresh.
Battersby hopes that you will be able to cook like a professional chef with what we have provided you in this article. We wish you success in reheating bbq ribs, smoked ribs with our recipes.
How To Cook Frozen Lasagna? [Cooking Frozen Lasagna Recipe]
Wednesday 8th of June 2022
[…] Related: How To Reheat Ribs […]
How To Reheat Pulled Pork Without Drying-out? The Best Solutions For Your Meals
Wednesday 4th of May 2022
[…] View more: How To Reheat Ribs […]