Combining ripe bananas and some ingredients available in the kitchen, you can make delicious and simple banana bread. You are too familiar with baking soda banana bread. Is there a banana bread recipe without baking soda?
Battersby will show you how to bake quick bread in a few simple steps:
- Step 1. Mash the banana
- Step 2: Preheat oven and prepare loaf pan
- Step 3. Create the mixture
- Step 4. Bake banana bread
Let’s dive into each step and practice right away.
Banana bread without baking soda
Can I Make Banana Bread Without Baking Soda?
Baking soda banana bread appears in most recipes online. However, if your home runs out of baking soda or doesn’t want to use it, it doesn’t matter. We will rely on baking powder.
You can make a loaf of moist banana bread in just 20 minutes of preparation and 1 hour of baking.
We can use baking powder to replace baking soda
Recipe of Banana Bread Without Baking Soda
Prepare ingredients for delicious banana bread no baking soda-prep time = 20 mins
Below are the main ingredients (dry ingredients and wet ingredients) for the easy banana bread recipe:
- Ripe bananas or super ripe bananas: 3 overripe = 450 grams including peel
- Lemon juice: half a tablespoon
- Chicken eggs: 2 large ones
- White granulated sugar or light brown sugar: 200 grams = 1 cup
- Vanilla extract: 1 teaspoon = 5 ml or vanilla protein powder.
- Unsalted butter: 75 grams = ¾ cup
- Fresh milk without sugar: 2 tablespoons
- All-purpose wheat flour: 250 grams
- The recipe calls for baking powder: 2 teaspoons = 10 ml
- Diamond Crystal fine kosher salt: 1 teaspoon = 5 ml
Banana bread ingredients
- Cake loaf pan with a size 9″x5″ or 8½” x 4½”
- Soupspoon: type 15 ml
- Coffee spoon: type 5 ml
- Parchment paper, baking sheet, whisk, strainer, medium bowl, large bowl, fork, etc.
After preparing the whole ingredients for baking powder banana bread.
View more: Meatloaf Without Breadcrumbs
Steps to Make Homemade Banana Bread
Battersby will guide to you the best banana bread recipes via the easy steps:
Step 1. Mash the Bananas
Peel three ripe bananas put them in a bowl, and mash them. Add lemon juice to preserve the color of the banana. And now you have about 330 grams of mashed banana.
Mash the bananas
Step 2: Preheat Oven and Prepare Loaf Pan
You should preheat the oven to save time. The ideal temperature for this recipe is 350 ºF or 175 ºC.
Line a loaf pan with parchment paper, and put some butter in it. Rotate the pan so that the batter spreads all over the baking sheet. Okay, let’s put that aside.
On the other hand, you can use a cooking spray to spray oil evenly.
Prepare loaf pan
Step 3. Create the Mixture
Add eggs into a separate bowl, then add a little sugar and beat well. Add a little vanilla essential oil, continue to beat until the ingredients are “dissolved.”
Mix unsalted butter and unsweetened fresh milk in a small saucepan. You can cook it briefly to melt the butter or put melted butter in a water bath.
Let the prepared mixture cool down, pour into the egg bowl, add a little cooking oil and mix well in a large mixing bowl.
In another bowl, mix all-purpose flour, baking soda, and salt. Use a fine sieve to filter this mixture and then transfer it to the prepared mashed bananas bowl.
Slowly add the flour to the bananas and mix well until the dough is smooth and not too thick.
Create the mixture
Step 4. Bake Banana Bread
Pour the banana mixture into the prepared loaf pan (only for ¾). Bread needs more space to expand.
Set the baking time to 60 to 65 minutes for the 9×5″ loaf pan. You can bake bananas for 75 minutes for the 8½” x 4½” loaf pan. After that, let’s put the whole loaf into the oven.
During the baking process, pay attention to the color of the banana bread. If the banana bread changes color too quickly, you need to use an extra layer of foil to cover it. It will help to prevent the banana bread from burning.
After finishing baking banana bread, please take out the cake mold, take out the banana bread, and wait to cool completely. You can test if the banana bread is “cooked” by skewering a thin knife in the center. If it comes without moist crumbs, that’s fine.
Wait for the banana bread to cool before you can enjoy this delicious traditional banana bread.
Bake banana bread
You don’t even need both baking soda and powder soda for the banana bread recipe via this video.
Can I Add Other Ingredients to the Recipe?
While making the banana bread, you can add a few other ingredients to make the dish more delicious. E.g.:
- Ground cinnamon = 5 ml
- Toasted walnuts or pecans = 250 ml
- Chocolate chips = 250 ml (your amazing banana bread will become delicious thanks to chocolate chips)
- Ground cardamom = 10 ml
- Cocoa powder
Chocolate banana bread
Tips for Making Banana Bread Without Baking Soda
- Storing the banana cake in the refrigerator will help it last longer. It will help if you put it back in the oven for a few minutes before eating to warm the banana bread.
- Don’t use unripe bananas.
- The color of banana bread mixed with chocolate chips will be a bit dark. When eating, you will find the banana flavor very attractive.
- Try to get large bananas and very ripe bananas / overripe bananas for the perfect texture.
- Don’t try to overfill the prepared pan. We need to leave room for the cake to expand after it’s cooked.
- If you don’t want to use brown sugar or granulated sugar in this recipe, you can find another substitute. Honey or maple syrup are examples. They help add moisture to banana bread. The formula is that 1 cup of sugar is equal to 1/2 cup of honey or maple syrup.
- If you have a thermometer, it will be more convenient to make cakes. You need to wait until the internal temperature reaches 100 ºC or 212 ºF, and it’s “done.”
- If you don’t eat eggs or are allergic to eggs, you can use the above recipe without eggs.
Related: Fudge Recipe Without Condensed Milk
Can I Use Baking Powder as a Substitute for Baking Soda?
Baking soda is a white, odorless, and salty-tasting powder. Baking powder can act as a substitute for baking soda. Every 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda is equivalent to 2 teaspoons of baking powder.
However, some cakes use baking soda as the main additive to make the main baking cake. Backing soda is essential in recipes that include other acidic ingredients. Therefore, the backing powder is a complete substitute for baking soda in banana bread.
For example, for banana bread, you can replace baking soda with baking powder. However, you cannot do the same thing with pumpkin bread. This pumpkin bread requires both ingredients to create the perfect texture for the cake.
When making cakes, the replacement of ingredients is only relative. Sometimes it is also the cause of different flavors of cakes.
Every 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda is equivalent to 2 teaspoons of baking powder
Can I Use Frozen Bananas for Banana Bread Muffins?
It is entirely possible. Here’s how to handle frozen bananas before making banana muffins or bread:
First, you need to defrost your frozen bananas thoroughly. Once completely defrosted, remove the banana peel and squeeze it through a sieve.
The other way is to cook it lightly on the stove. You need to put the pressed liquid into the pan and stir it until it is “crushed” without burning.
Let it cool, and you have prepared bananas similar to the fresh mashed bananas in the recipe above.
How To Store Delicious Banana Bread?
The best way to store your banana bread is right at room temperature. It would help if you did not store it in the refrigerator. Refrigerators circulate cool air, which helps to remove moisture. That means it can cause bread and cakes to dry out prematurely.
Place your cooled banana bread loaf on a plate and cover with plastic wrap or store in an airtight container. You can store it for up to four days at room temperature.
Although it is ok to eat banana bread for up to a week, it is better to eat within four days for the best flavor.
How To Quickly Ripen Bananas in the Oven?
Banana ripening time: 1 hour
It is a “super speed” way to help bananas ripen in just 1 hour. Put the whole unpeeled banana in the oven at 150 degrees Celsius.
Then turn it off, let it cool and then continue to put it in the refrigerator.
Then the banana has reached the required ripeness. This method will help bananas ripen quickly but will cause the banana skin to darken.
Above is a delicious and nutritious “banana bread recipe no baking soda.” The great recipe is very suitable for making breakfast or snacking during breaks.
Not only is this bread filling, but it also includes many nutrition calories from bananas and ingredients like milk, butter, sugar, and nuts.
The delicious snack will not let you down. We wish you successful baking and enjoy the delicious food!
Make Meringue Without Cream Of Tartar: Things You Need & Ways To Do
Saturday 28th of May 2022
[…] Related: Banana Bread Without Baking Soda […]
Can You Bake Chocolate Chip Cookies Without Vanilla Extract?
Tuesday 3rd of May 2022
[…] View more: Banana Bread Without Baking Soda […]